28 September 2012

Forty Days to November:
Devotions and Prayers for America




The Election is exactly 40 days from today. By this time on November 6th, America should likely know what path she'll be taking at this fork in the road.

From now until then, I've pledged with millions of other Americans to fast and pray for the sake of our nation's soul. For prayer and devotional, I'll be blogging it all here to share.* 

As for the fasting part, pray for me: I'm giving up sugar!

From Noah Webster's An American Dictionary of the English Language, 1828:
patriotism, n. Love of one's country, the passion which aims to serve one's country, either in defending it from invasion, or protecting its rights and maintaining its laws and institutions in vigor and purity.  Patriotism is the characteristic of a good citizen, the noblest passion that animates a man in the character of a citizen.
Patriot's Prayer: Today, O God, I renew my trust in You, the Sovereign Master of the universe as well as my Savior and Friend. I will fear no one because I know that You are with me.

Deuteronomy 6:24 - And the LORD commanded us to observe all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good days always, that He might preserve us alive, as it is to this day.



*All source material(unless otherwise noted)from God's Promises for the American Patriot by Dr. Richard D Lee & Jack Countryman; In God We Still Trust by Dr. Richard D Lee; and The American Patriot's Bible: The Word of God and the Shaping of America(NKJV) by Richard G Lee (general editor).

Let Me Know What You Think!

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...