05 January 2011

Adopt a Hater-
Send A Constitution!


contempt

Just for fun-real quick, re-read the Maya Angelou quote I have on the banner on this blog.


Well now. Some people who are so upset about the shriveling-up of their liberal agenda are very publicly documenting and showing their contempt for the Constitution of the United States, the law of our land.  Might I remind everyone the obvious, this contemptible document also includes the Bill of Rights.  (I bet that's the part they hate the most).   


First (one of them anyway) to outwardly show contempt for the United States Constitution upon the eve of the commencement of the  112th Congress was Washington Post's Ezra Klein.  
Is this what these people
think of the US Constitution?
"The issue with the Constitution is not that people don’t read the text and think they’re following it. The issue with the Constitution is that the text is confusing because it was written more than a hundred years ago."
Now we have CNN's Joy Behar with her moronic question, “Do you think this Constitution-loving is getting out of hand?” Most definitely, Ms. Behar.  It's so out of hand that God- and Country-loving Americans are actually reading it. (And amazingly, it's not confusing to them!) 


Editor of Slate Magazine Dahlia Lithwick said Tea-Party Americans have a "fetish" with it, in an article where oddly, she felt compelled to mention that a copy costs $4.95. ADD Moment! Ms. Dahlia - there are FREE copies of it all over the internet, or one can usually get a "pocket version" copy by calling their US Representative's office.  Or, even easier, by visiting their local library.  How does someone like her ever become an editor? By the way, read her entire article - it's full of inaccuracies, especially regarding the Separation of Powers.


Next, Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), the outgoing chairman of the House Judiciary subcommittee on the Constitution calling the reading aloud of the Constitution "total nonsense" and "propaganda."


 I'm on my fifth box of 100 since
my activism began in February of 2009.
Thirty bucks for a box of 100 Pocket Constitutions free of shipping charges. 
In September of 2009, a small group of patriots including myself sent over 600 US Constitutions (published by the NCCS) to both houses of Congress, the President, the VP, the Secretary of State and all the "czars" known at the time. I feel compelled to send some again.


I started with Ezra Klein.  I mailed a copy to his WaPo office published by the National Center for Constitutional Studies.  No letter included, nothing sarcastic.  Just the document itself in an envelope I hand addressed and even included my return address.  Now I'd like to mail one to that Dahlia Lessworth lady or whatever her name is because of her arrogance. I'll also send one to Ms. Behar, but I'm not sure she'll be able  to read 18th century English and understand what it says at the same time. For her, I'll add a sticky-note recommending she order a copy of "The Constitution Made Easy" by Michael Holler, which can be ordered at theConstitutionMadeEasy.com


Representative Nadler already got one last year when we did the mass-mailing I mentioned earlier.  If anyone wants to send him a new one, as his may get lost in his move out of his office, that might actually be a good idea.


Incidentally, the word "fetish" is often confused and misused with words needing the suffix "-philia."  I don't believe Missy Dahlia confused them in her article, though.  I'm sure she meant that a yearning to learn the country's founding documents in the context of some sort of weird obsession, sexual or otherwise.  For example, the love of mirrors is called eisoptrophilia, or the love of tyranny is tyrannophilia.  I could not find a correct term for a "philia" regarding the Constution. But the term for loving "things on the right" is dextrophilia. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What You Think!

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...