23 August 2014

Reality Shift

I've missed blogging. I like to write.
Admittedly, twitter made me lazy with regard to political opining, awareness and activism.
I'd like to resume blogging. Because on August 20, 2014, one day after my 49th birthday, I was told I have a malignant tumor in my breast.
The range of emotions both before my biopsy testing and after are too long to list. I know I am not alone, but I also know I am in totally uncharted territory here. And I know I am with God, as He is with me.

I started this blog five years ago because I'm not very good at journaling and I thought if nothing else someday my two beautiful sons would be able to read and re-read here and say something like "Yep! That's Mom!"
So, I'm going to pick it up again. Somedays, I don't know what I will write about. Somedays I will.
One thought has been playing like the proverbial broken record in my head: Never in my life did I think the word "oncologist" would be a part of my vocabulary. I get to meet him next Thursday.

💐

Let Me Know What You Think!

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...