Hoplophobia, n. Irrational, morbid fear of guns; May cause sweating, faintness, discomfort, rapid pulse, nausea, sleeplessness, nondescript fears,and more, at mere thought of guns. Presence of working firearms may cause panic attack.
Hoplophobic behavior is often obvious from self-evident irrational responses to real-life situations, and is frequently seen in the news media and public debate. When a criminal commits a crime using a gun, hoplophobes often seek to disarm, or make lists of, innocent people who didn't do anything, a common, classic and irrational response.We can be cured; I am a living example.*
The Twelve Steps For Hoplophobic Recovery
1. We admitted that we are terrified of an inanimate object.
2. Came to believe that Education and Responsibility will restore our sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our irrationality toward learning and stop believing media scare tactics and hopolophic propaganda.
4. Made a searching moral inventory of ourselves and discovered that, just as forks don't make people fat, firearms do not kill people.
5. Admitted to ourselves and to a law-abiding firearms owner the exact nature of our lack of knowledge and learning about firearms.
6. We are entirely ready to understand that we are capable for thinking for ourselves, rather than be brainwashed by gun-grabbing politicians.
7. Humbly go to a local firing range and see responsible people.
8. Made a list of all guns and tactical accessories we know nothing about.
9. Made direct amends to ourselves that fearing an inanimate object is not rational, as guns have no arms, legs, brain, or soul.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and make a wish list from a firearms catalog.
11. Sought through self-reflection to improve our education about guns and memorize the Second Amendment.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening regarding the value of human life, we pick out the firearm that is perfect for ourselves, get training and receive our Conceal Carry License, and try to carry this message to hoplophobes as responsible firearms owners.
Peace Through Heat.
For information on Hoplophobia and more, please visit http://www.gunlaws.com/GunPhobia.htm