There are countless heroes still among us who helped so many people on September 11 and the days following. Some of them are known, many are not. I'm sure they'd all trade the tragedy for any kind of notoriety for their help. A special thank you @Jikiri for sharing some memories with me of all the good that happened during the experience; and a special thanks to @.
We should all remember what we're living for.
In total 3,497 people died in the attacks on 11 September 2001.
- 2,735 civilians in the World Trade Center died
- 87 passengers and crew members aboard American Airlines Flight 11 that hit the North Tower
- 60 passengers and crew aboard United Flight 175 that hit the South Tower
- 343 New York City firefighters and rescue workers and 23 New York City law enforcement officers, 47 Port Authority workers* and 37 Port Authority Police Officers, lost their lives when they rushed in to save the victims in the World Trade Center
- 36 passengers and crew aboard United Flight 93, who gave their lives stopping four hijackers over Pennsylvania
- 64 passengers and crew aboard American Airlines Flight 77 that crashed into the Pentagon, killing them and 125 people in the building.
In addition, 19 cowards - the terrorists who hijacked four airliners and murdered 3,497 people - also died.
An American tragedy, an attack on the world:
More sobering numbers can be found HERE.
the Pentagon Memorial
Shanksville, Pennsylvania is slow to achieve the goal of a fitting Memorial