The Modern American Declaration of Liberty
To: All Federal Government Officials (elected & appointed) and all U.S. Citizens
In establishing this Republic, our forefathers taught that man-made institutions have no authority to grant or deny those unalienable rights which are endowed upon mankind by God, the Creator. They taught and established in law, that governments exist not to grant or deny these rights, but only to protect them. They stated that it becomes necessary in the course of human events from time to time for a people to dissolve themselves from the political bonds that hold them. They recognized and warned that a central, federal government could become too strong and they went to great lengths to ensure that a system was established that was checked within itself by a balance of three powers within itself, and by the sovereign states which had created the Federal Government as their agent and the agent of the people. This was to ensure that the federal government did not, "usurp from the States all government in little as in great things, when all government shall be drawn to Washington as the center of power it will render powerless the checks provided of one government on another and will become as oppressive as the government from which we separated." Thomas Jefferson.
Such usurpations are upon us. The original Constitution of this Republic, and its intent, has been so grossly misrepresented, misinterpreted and wrested that it is scarcely recognizable. Professional politicians, who have made careers and fortunes out of public service have, in many cases, sold out the interests of the United States to foreign powers, to financial interests and their organizations, and to their own ideologies not compatible with the Constitution of this nation. In other cases, they have usurped and wrested the interests of this people and their liberties on behalf of their own vain ambitions and carnal appetites. Thereby, the very purpose of the system established by our forefathers (to protect each citizen's life, liberty and pursuit of happiness) is being corrupted.
As a result, we reaffirm the following to be self evident:
That all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, among which are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence dictates that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience shows that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing that to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses, usurpations, cover-ups and mis-appropriation, pursuing invariably the same object depicts a design to reduce them to absolute despotism, it is the right of the people, it is their duty, to throw off such government and to provide new guards for their future security.
We are at such a point and juncture in this Republic. The forces moving us away from fundamental oral and republican principles, and away from our constitutional government compel us to reaffirm the constitutional intent of our forefathers and therefore disassociate ourselves from the usurpations, misappropriations, misinterpretations, corruption and humanism which infects our government's elected and appointed officials, and restore our government to the more limited form our forefathers established. The recent history of the federal government is one of repeated injury and usurpation. To illustrate this, let the following conditions speak for themselves. Officials of the federal government (elected and appointed) have:
1. Created a monstrous and depraved system of so-called social welfare and services within our nation which rewards indolence, lasciviousness, promiscuity, and illegitimacy with monetary reward, thereby entrapping individuals in a under-class of abject dependency with its alluring appeal to the most base human instinct and vice, thereby corrupting families, entire classes, and races of people who accept and adopt this decrepit life-style. This system stands in direct opposition to the words and principles of the framers of this nation, as Patrick Henry indicated "A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience, is incompatible with freedom. No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue; and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."
Let it be known, this social engineering and restructuring destroys achievement, independence, morality, and the basic family structure of all who embrace it, and it was designed to be embraced by as many as possible. Such a system was not created out of compassion, for it is anything but compassionate. It was created and has been extended for decades by scheming and self-serving politicians and ideologues to ensure a growing voting base of those who are entrapped in its wretched clutches who will vote for anyone promising to prolong and continue the pilfering of the public largess on their behalf. Such a system and condition is anathema to the foundational moral and republican principles that established this nation. It simply cannot be allowed to continue. It must be rolled back and ended to allow true charitable compassion to address actual want in our society and to allow these peoples to achieve their potential apart from government interference.
2. Destroyed the very well spring of tranquility and life in our society by voting for, ruling, and establishing an insidious, so-called "right" for mothers and doctors to choose to kill their living offspring in the womb for any reason they deem necessary. In the vast majority of cases this is done simply because of inconvenience. This has grown into a murderous, genocidal industry where unborn babies at any stage of development are brutally killed and ripped asunder in the womb, and then in many cases have their organs and other tissue harvested for profit.
This holocaust, because that is exactly what it is, has killed tens of millions within our society, most of which have come from the under-class created in grievance number one (but not limited to them in the least), and is establishing a culture of death in our society where societal mores and morality are breaking down. In so doing, it has broken faith with, and abjectly violated the most basic and fundamental basis and unalienable right within our society as enumerated by our founders, that is, the Right to Life. Well did Thomas Jefferson warn against such atrocity when he said, "God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure if we have removed their only firm basis: a conviction in the minds of men that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
3. As evidenced by grievances number one and two, which serve as the most poignant examples, they have been unduly influenced by ideologies, self-interest, so-called special interests, and lobbyists who buy their vote, to pass laws and establish regulations not in the common good, and which violate the 9th and 10th amendments of the US Constitution which include (but are not limited to):
o Created laws which deny many citizens their property rights for frivolous and ill-defined reasons.
o Created laws infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms in direct violation of the Constitution.
o Created laws to redistribute the wealth of the working citizenry through a heavy, progressive income tax.
o Denied the rights of inheritance to citizens of this Republic by imposing heavy inheritance taxes, further redistributing the wealth.
o Undermined our sovereignty by signing treaties allowing arbitration of U.S. citizens' rights by foreign bodies.
o Created "acts" establishing an unconstitutional framework of "Emergency Powers" and "Executive Orders" which are dictatorial in nature.
o Maintained an unwarranted state of emergency since 1933 enabling the "Executive Orders", which hang over the head of this people.
o Established a privately owned, central bank that regulates the monetary system of this Republic, in violation of the Constitution.
o Served baseless warrants on, brought siege to, bombed, burned and killed citizens, covering up the same allowing the guilty to go unpunished.
o Established excessive regulation, and in some cases open ownership of finance, transportation, manufacturing, agriculture, communications and others.
o Dictated to property owners who they can and cannot sell to and excessively taxed capital gains from such sales.
o Denied our heritage by declaring it unconstitutional to teach the values upon which this Republic rests in our schools.
o Over regulated who employers may hire, how much to pay and the conditions in the work place, further weakening the free market.
o Created laws and agencies to maintain power structures and regulations put in place to implement all of the above and control this people.
4. Ignored, allowed, and purposely kept from addressing the abject violation of our southern border by aliens to this nation who are streaming into this country by the millions, ignoring and violating our laws, destroying property of US citizens, injuring and killing US citizens, displacing American workers, corrupting the free market, creating another under-class within our society, magnifying the trafficking of illegal drugs within our society, and watering-down our society by allowing these masses of individuals entry without ensuring their commitment to American laws, American moral values, and the foundational principles which define the very essence of what it is to be a free, responsible American.
5. Created a system of state schools for our children which feeds upon the political interests of those who would deny our liberties, and teaches enabling doctrine and principles which further support the activities described in grievances one through four to our own children, and then supports itself through unconstitutional governmental agencies and reapportioned federal funds.
This condition of schooling is geared towards reducing the incentive and capabilities of our children to the lowest common denominator, towards indoctrinating them away from the fundamental moral and republican values and principles this nation was founded upon, and in most cases hires exclusively from educational labor unions who themselves are dedicated to the same. Private, home, and parochial schooling must be re-established where parents and local communities are in firm control of the education of their children, where competition fuels incentive, and where the local states can regulate overall, pure educational requirements without social engineering, or federal governmental interference.
6. Passed laws and created regulations that have prevented and blocked our own industry from finding and developing energy reserves in this nation, making our nation thereby dependent on foreign entities for our energy and placing this nation and its people in a dangerous and severe national defense and interest position whereby we are at the mercy of foreign nations not friendly to those interests.
7. Established laws and regulations which have corrupted the very meaning of free trade by allowing, and even promoting the movement and transfer of the industrial, textile, manufacturing, and agricultural production capability and base of this nation off-shore to foreign nations, with little or no regard to the potential of belligerence from those nations. This has placed this nation and its people, once more, in a dangerous and severe national defense and interest position whereby we are at the mercy of foreign nations not friendly to those interests.
8. Established a frame work of laws and regulations which have served to Utilize citizen tax moneys to support base pornography and depictions of decrepit practices in the name of Art.
9. Created laws and established regulations and law enforcement requirements which make a mockery of criminal justice by supporting supposed criminal rights over the rights of the injured.
10. Allowed the establishment of, and largely funded through tax payer monies, a foreign body on American soil whose members represent nations and interests which are in direct opposition to our own. This foreign body, the so-called "United Nations", is siphoning off American prosperity to fund innumerable agencies and programs of its own which enable our enemies and serve to weaken ourselves, while its thousands of members flaunt US law with their so-called "diplomatic immunity." It is long past time that the United States withdraw from this foreign body, cut off all US funding to it, and demand it remove itself from our soil.
In short, these grievance illustrate and document how elected and appointed officials have moved this nation, in violation of their oaths to bear true faith thereto, away from our Constitutional form of government and towards abject Socialism, Marxism, Collectivism, or Fascism, pursuing invariably the object of the overthrow of our republican system and its attending free market.
In every stage of these injustices, American citizens who have petitioned for redress or sought to expose the above stated designs have been answered by repeated slander, injury, criminalization, imprisonment or death. A governing body whose character (either knowingly or blindly) is thus marked by every act that would define tyranny is unfit to rule a free people.
It may be argued that these actions were taken by "duly elected" or appointed officials on behalf of the people. To this we say that no governing body, who have taken an oath to protect, defend, and bear true faith and allegiance to the constitution, has the right or the authority to alter or change the express directives of that constitution, except by means provided for within the constitution itself. Changes in the name of "States of Emergency", "Executive Order", "Treaties", "Initiatives", "Acts", "Proclamation", "Presidential Directives", "Strategic Alliances" or any other avenue outside of constitutional amendment, properly ratified by the people of the several States, represent a violation of the oath of office and establishes those involved as abject betrayers of "We the People". In addition, no governing body or majority can amend or legislate away the unalienable rights of the people in any case without the original intent of the founders, who themselves broke from a government that was involved in the same, being stimulated in the hearts, minds and actions of the liberty loving segments of the citizenry, as this document attests.
It is therefore apparent, that without immediate reversals of encroachments on our liberties, the time is short before our recourse must be either to resort to the measures our founding fathers took to establish this nation, or lose our liberties and way of life, if not our very lives.
We therefore, appealing to the Supreme Judge for the rectitude of our intentions, do solemnly resolve on our sacred honor, as God fearing Americans, to immediately stand for liberty and our way of life. We the People of this great Republic:
• Demand a roll-back of social engineering and restructuring in this country and a phased cessation of social welfare funding that rewards indolence, lasciviousness, promiscuity, or illegitimacy, or provides support to those who are able bodied and capable of working for themselves. Such a phased roll-back would be structured so that all such support ends within eight years of enactment throughout the United States or any of its territories.
• Demand an immediate halt to legalized abortion and killing of the unborn and its support and funding by national and state government within the borders of the United States or its territories. The only exception must be when the physical life of the mother is in immediate peril as a result of the pregnancy, with such decision being made by the mother and father of the child, and the attending physician and based on that immediate, real and present danger to the life of the mother. An environment of a Right to Life must be re-established, where because of the clear statistical, common sense, and proven benefit to society, legal adoption of children to traditional nuclear families will be promoted and established as a high priority imperative.
• Demand an immediate securing of our borders through use of a layered collaboration of law enforcement, national guard, and any other military units to whatever extent necessary to secure them, including the construction of a double, fully secure fence and road system along the entire extent of our southern border. No illegal entry allowed, period.
• Demand that there be no amnesty for illegal aliens in this country, period. Any illegal aliens within the borders of our nation will have 180 days to report themselves to authorities and peacefully leave. Any of them who are not otherwise criminals, and do not have ties to enemies of our nation will be deported. Criminals and those affiliated with our enemies will be incarcerated for a period of time commensurate with their crimes and will help build a double, fully secure fence and road system along the entire extent of our southern border during their incarceration.
• Demand that all future visitors be thoroughly checked at border entry points and limited to a 90 day temporary visa if they have any legal and valid reason to visit our nation. They may obtain a special work or student visa for a longer period, but must submit to a review of their status every 90 days. Anyone who misses their report period, or who overstays their visa will be treated as illegal aliens. No one from any terrorist or enemy nation, or who has any ties to them, will be allowed within our borders under any circumstances. In addition, our government will begin forthwith to use an administrative interpretation to disallow any so-called anchor baby obtaining citizenship in this nation. If their visa allows it, said children can stay here with their family as long as their visa indicates, otherwise, the new child (as soon as it is practicable) and the parents will be sent back to their country of origin.
• Demand that this nation's representatives establish a national goal and imperative for energy independence within 8 years where any oil fields, oil sands, oil shale, coal, coal shale, nuclear, wind, geo-thermal, hydro, and any other energy source within our borders or off our shores will be exploited immediately and responsibly to meet this goal, along with the research and development of other energy resources. The Unites States is the most responsible and cleanest energy producer on the planet, and has proven reserves in the areas mentioned which dwarf the combined reserves of all of the Middle East and many other nations we are currently dependent upon.
• Demand that true free and completely open trade practices be conducted only with our allies and friends who share our values, our liberty, our republican principles, and our way of life. To the extent that other belligerent or apathetic nations move towards those values, our free market will be purposely used as a incentive to that end. Impose tariffs and taxes on any nation not well disposed or friendly towards those ends making it difficult and costly for them to engage the U.S. economically and impossible to lure vital industries off-shore to those belligerent nation's own benefit, which benefit is anathema to the U.S.
Finally, remove taxes and onerous regulation from U.S. companies to ensure that our agriculture, our manufacturing, our textiles, our communications, and our other vital industries remain within our own borders, employing our own citizens to as great an extent as possible and practicable, and immediately move to re-establish the free market within our own country. Outside of absolute, life or death, mortal (to our republic), imminent national defense concerns, there will be no government takeover of private industry, no so-called stimulus packages, no cap and trade, no carbon credits, or anything of the sort.
• Demand a rescission to all acts, and legislation that in any way infringes on the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear small arms comparable to those small arms used by our own law enforcement and military. We should no more infringe on this vital right than we would on free expression or freedom of religion.
• Demand the immediate disassociation from, defunding of, and removal of the foreign body known as the UN from the sovereign soil of the united States of America, within 180 days.
• Demand that the War Powers Act, the Emergency Powers Act and the Federal Reserve Act be rescinded with an end to the unconstitutional practice of Executive Orders which carry the force of law, and a rescission of all such Orders. Also demand any acts and agencies derived from the War Powers, Emergency Powers or Federal Reserve Acts or Executive Orders be dissolved and an immediate rescission of the "National Emergency" maintained in this nation by Executive Order.
• Demand a rescission to all acts, legislation and agencies that exceed the powers described in the constitution according to the 9th and 10th amendments, and that all future legislation specifically indicate where in the Constitution it derives its power from.
• Demand that all educational concerns be returned to the several states directly and that all federal involvement in the same cease.
• Demand all local government and educational institutions to disavow the blackmail and social restructuring of federal funds.
We urge all American citizens to become self sufficient as individuals, as families, as localities, as counties and as states to the maximum degree possible.
We also urge all liberty loving citizens to prepare, with God's help, to immediately take action to secure these demands from their appointed and elected officials, and also to prepare to take the same course of action that our forefathers took in fighting tyranny should it become necessary.
We pledge our lives and honor to the points stated in this document, and the efforts requisite to restore our Constitutional Republic and our Constitution & Bill of Rights to the intent they were created for in defining limited government, adherence to fundamental moral and republican principle, individual responsibility, and the protection of rights as the basis for governance in this nation.
May Providence bless these efforts, even as he blessed the founders in their struggle, to overcome the tyranny of their day, which tyranny is inconsequential when compared to the God of this land, the Almighty Creator, who has granted to us our liberty and in whose hands we commit our efforts.
View Current Signatures
NOTE: This petition may also be viewed online at www.jeffhead.com/declare.htm but must be signed here. Signatures will be delivered to the US Congress and the White House in 2010 and 2012, so it is imperative that your name, state, and zip code be accurately included.