17 June 2009

Political Breath-Taking

I don't know about you but I can hardly catch my breath anymore with all that is coming down the pipe lately concerning political "change." It's breath-taking, is it not? By now you probably have already either heard of or read the blog article from Mat Rodina, which was reprinted in Pravda.ru, the online English language Russian Journal.Amazingly, someone just emailed it to me today - it's old news at this point. In this April 2009 post called "American Capitalism Gone with a Whimper", the author states, "It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American decent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed." Well I definitely feel out of breath.

Trying to keep up with constant changes in legislation and policy (some of which is done stealthily, you discover-after-the fact) of this over-reaching federal government,let alone trying to figure out the truth behind it all, has me in my best mental running shoes at all times. Part of my sluggishness in posting here recently is because I'm politically exhausted. I have had to learn to put certain filters on: What affects me personally? My family? My children's future? So, for this posting, I'll start with the first filter-question. Yesterday, I came across this article from Time Magazine Online: "Attorney General Urges New Hate-Crime Law" That headline isn't really new news to most of us, but this particular line caught my eye:"We will not tolerate murder, or the threat of violence, masquerading as political activism," Holder said.

[Holder's statement made me think of my previous blog post regarding someone freaking out about the idea that anyone could connect supposed Right-Wing-Extremists to Al-Qaeda. What used to be thought of as conspiracy theories - they don't seem so conspiratorial anymore, do they?]

While jokingly, it's fun to call myself a "RWE", but in reality of course I'm not. I have however, become politically active: a political activist so to speak. I, too, have participated in a "Tea Party" named of course in honor of the event that helped start the American Revolution for independence from England.
Protests that are covered by the media, and not favorably I might add. One recent post-event blog referred to the protesters as "hardcore." Whatever "hardcore" means, it has implications that aren't accurate but could promote future abuse. Connect the dots with me: protesters...hardcore...masquerading as political activists...hate crimes...criminal. Never before has it been more important to know your First Amendment Constitutional Right to peaceably assemble. What's coming next? Watch for the redefinition of "peaceable."

Where might we see clues to what's coming? How do we avoid any trappings of "old news"? As sides increasingly become obvious as to whom will chose where they will run to, you have to get creative in your news sources. I recommend putting on those filters as I have. As you do, read sites like Pravda.ru where there are headlines like this one you won't see in our newly-crowned state-run television program, ABC Nightly News or the other in-the-tank main stream media outlets; and read the Mat Rodina Blog as it's published rather than months down the road when old news might really hurt you or someone else.

Freedom is getting the wind knocked out of her right now, but FREEDOM ultimately reigns, not politicians. Just keep yourself well-educated while fighting to breathe.

Don't forget: I am happy to send you a FREE NCCS Pocket Constitution if you visibly follow my blog either from Google, Facebook or Blogfeed. Just email me at conservative_mom@yahoo.com and let me know. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your sentiments. Today I had probably 10 stories on my desk that I would consider destructive to our freedoms. Where do I start? I decided to write a more creative post on the general fight we are in as a nation. Link to me if you like it!
    http://www.leftcoastrebel.com/2009/06/flickers-of-hope-main-street-to.html

    ReplyDelete

Let Me Know What You Think!

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...